Who can Apply?
To apply to the Apex Ambassadors Scholarship Program you must be a current resident at the time of registration in Apex, NC, or attend public, charter, private school, or be home schooled in Apex or have a parent or guardian own a business or work in the Apex area. Scholarship amounts will range from $125 to $1,500 after completion of 1 year of service. Each age group will have a male and female recipient. Our Program Sponsor is Celestial Fire Glass.
The age groups will be from:
- 5 to 7 years of age $125 each sponsored by Express Oil Change, Whole Brain Escape, Concreate Transformations
- 8 to 10 years of age $150 each sponsored by APA Dance
- 11 to 13 years of age $250 each sponsored by Rising Sun Pools and Super Sod
- 14 to 16 years of age $500 each sponsored by Hale Real Estate and K9 Resorts
- 17 to 19 years of age $1,500 each Sponsored by Apex Imports and ADT Security and Health Services
Requirements of Entry
Participants must apply on line by 11:59 pm on April 24th, 2019, attend the interview at the Apex Community Center on April 27th starting at 2:15 pm. The scholarship recipients are asked to be available to meet at Peak Fest on May 4th at 11:30am. Failure to complete registration information and agree to terms or incomplete recipient requirements, will lead to loss of scholarship.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements if selected
- Detailed information will be provided to the scholarship recipients
- Recipients will participate in the program from April 27th, 2019 until April 25th, 2020
- Attend events throughout the year
- Attend required meetings or calls to go over group activities such as the Unique Teen Job Fair
- Each recipient must help to get local business donations for an annual auction to benefit the program and a local organization of their combined choice
- Volunteer time for local organizations including Karl Lyons community events and David Wood's Halle Community Center needs
- In some way support the business/organization who gave them the scholarship
- Pick a platform and raise $250 over the year towards it
How the Entries Will be Judged
- An online application, deadline April 24, 2019, 11:59pm
- Interview at Apex Community Center with judges, April 27th, 2019/ 2:15pm until 4:30pm
- Talent portion, under 3 minutes. Be creative!
- Q&A, regarding their platform that they would choose to support in the Apex Community
- How they plan to give back to the community and sponsor over the year
- Evening /Formal/Business attire required for interview
- "Spirit of Apex" , in which they will talk about something unique about their ties to Apex